Originally Posted by Anonymous
Man I can’t wait to watch the WP parents faces when their team gets crushed at Naptown! Didn’t win last year, can’t even get to the semis at NLF but have fun at WSYL in early July bc it’s going to be a short lived celebration when you get a reality check in Annapolis! Don’t worry, I’m sure all the coaches recruiting down the road will ask how you all did at WSYL 5 years ago....stunands!

Quick question for you cheater dads. What would do you think would happen if your kids ever played a lacrosse game against children their own age? Would they pee their pants, or maybe you would. Honestly, I don't know who is the bigger lost, you, for having absolutely no confidence in your child to even play with children his own age, or your son for agreeing to it. That's a tough one, but I'm going to go with... YOU. Funny, because for years I had my kid play up. To tell you the truth, I never even considered my son playing down! I didn't even know that existed until I went to MD and found out that's what 80%+ of the kids do there. You folks are really messed up, you know that? Must be all that inbreeding that ya'all do.

I have a 12/30/2005 7th-grade son playing on a 2024 team. He played up on 2023 for three years since our club didn't have enough to field a 2024 team. This year is different, we had enough players to field a 2024. He was asked to play on 2024, so he went from the youngest to the oldest on his team, 3/4 are summer 06. The grade-based deal, well, it's just how it's done in MD. Not cheating if it's within the cutoffs. But my son has definitely experienced playing against boys that were likely 2-3 years older. This was most frustrating last year as a 6th grader on a 7th grade team playing against men. When we played in tourneys in LI, I will admit things felt more balanced.

My only objection is the reference to inbreeding, it ain't MD, it's WV.

The organization/team that your boy plays for is not an elite team or organization, if they didn't have enough players to field a team at the 2024 level. That's why you have 3/4's of your team as summer 06 birthdays. By MD standards, your son is on a B team. If he was on an elite team, the 80% rule would apply (80% holdbacks). By contrast, LI elite teams have 3/4's of their team with summer 06 birthdays, or even later. Sometimes much later. I wish you and your son nothing but the best, having to deal with that corrupt culture in MD. It's so ingrained, people like you take it for granted, and think it's OK. But it really isn't OK. It's screwing people like you and your son, and you don't even realize it. Good luck.

Along with the Wambulance on the way to LI (stuck in traffic, shocking I know) I asked them to pick up a "Fake News" consultant so you can better craft your completely false "80% rule" narrative to give it more impact. By all means continue to push the MD 14/15 yo vs the LI 11/12 year old story if it gives you some rest at night, and please know it has a truly meaningful impact.

Really? Let's take our good friends from Madlax DC as an example, since you are most likely a holdback parent from Madlax. From my experience, all of the true db parents (yes, there is an occasional exception to this rule) are from ML-DC. Madax has two 2024 teams of approximately 30 players each. That's 60 total players. Of that, they don't have 15 kids (7 players per team) to form a team to compete for a 13U world tournament. That's proof-positive that over 75% of the team is holdbacks. How much more? Well, based on this very MD thread, elite teams have on average 3 on age players per team. Since our example is Madlax DC, where basically every player goes to private school and starts Kindergarten at 6 years old, instead of 5 years old like the rest of the world, Madlax is between 80% and 95% holdbacks. There are no more dirty little secrets anymore in club lacrosse. The secret is out and has been out for quite some time now. And, since we are talking about Madlax DC, how old is your new holdback-player-giant that replaced your old holdback-player-giant, who finally went back to playing kids his own age (now there's a novel concept!). You know, the kid that played for the DC Dogs 2023 team for the past several seasons. Since he's from DC, he's prob a holdback from the get-go, like the rest of the DC players, right? And, since he was a 2023 last year and is now a 2024 player, he's obviously a reclass too. What's that make your 6' 170 lb 7th grader? 15 or going on 15? 7th grade lacrosse games must really be important to you, for your teams to go to all of this trouble, just to try and stay competitive with far superior LI teams. Must really stink for your parents when your 14 and 15 year olds lose to our 12 and 13 year olds. Yeah, I guess that would be pretty embarrassing. Cheating your butt's off, and still losing.

Almost everything said in this post is factually incorrect or a false assumption/inference so well done with that. The most amusing thing is that a LI parent would have the temerity to call out parents from another team. LI parents are by far the worst lacrosse parents around, one day at a lacrosse tournament where LI teams are involved is all anyone needs to see that. A simple read through the LI Board is also a good proxy for this. If it comes down to parents of kids with a summer birthday who choose to "hold them back" before going into K (by the way plenty of studies show this is beneficial for the kids on many levels) vs. parents who psychotically (and cowardly) scream "see you in Denver" at 13 yo kids who are a couple of feet away walking back to their tent, I personally will take the "holdback" parents every day.

Every time I read a post from a LI parent all I can think of is a quote from Liar Liar, "So what I'm gonna do is lax and moan like an impotent donk." Hence the need for the Wambulance. What makes all of this even funnier (sadder) is that with the WSYL you LI parents have an age based tournament where one team can be crowned the best U13 lacrosse team in the universe. Well enough amusement for the day, I look forward to the well reasoned responses [sarcasm and rolly eye emoji].