Originally Posted by Anonymous
Interesting topic to debate. Is it better to play B than A if your team is an A as designated by the club, but really not A talent. I ask because True Blue, E3 and the Knights had some tough match ups today. Do the kids take anything positive from that? Or is better just climb to the top the B tier and then move up. My opinion, no benefit to playing A unless you can compete. There is losing and learning and then there is just getting blown out.

Good question.

My son was on a B level team for 3-4 years but recently made 2-3 high end A teams and we eventually decided to join one. He had offers past two years but we waited until he was good enough to make a true A level team then jump to a below average A team just to say we were on one. I have seen others do this - all smiles when Johnny is on Blah Blah A team and then they get smacked some B team or blown ouut by a true A. They start screaming about $, bad coaching, etc when is reality that A team is probably not better then the B team they were on but play at harder tournaments so they get smoked.

I think I made the right decision and feel good about it. Will see how it works out.