Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Such a shame this is the discussion. It sadly happens in sports, move on and focus on all the great lax that was played. This was a combo A and AA bracket and their a lot teams improving. Leads to me to a question? Why don't kids not playing in those high pressure games just move to an A team? I hear you on the practice argument if practice on another team is balls being dropped etc..., but there is a lot talent and very good coaching on the next tier of teams. Because bench shortening is fine in a championshup game, but no play I don't understand. I like to hear honestly from somebody who disagrees with that has a kid that is practice player and sees the field in blowouts.

Not sure if you know but unless you are specifically playing high school rules there are not rules around stick length or for that matter what you can do with the lacrosse head. Not saying what happened is right but this is youth lacrosse. Unless the tournament specify NHS rules or even for more clarity state their own than it is open game. I have seen way to many kids, NON FOGO, play with short sticks, Larger than needed pockets, and heads strung that would ne penalties in HS. WHY [lacrosse] about something that kids on every team at the youth level do.. If it is such a concern, your teams should play in only tournaments that follow true HS level rules.

Most Tournaments either use NFHS or NCAA rules and specify modifications to those rules as needed. So yes, stick rules apply to all tournaments.