[/quote]

The ones that charge half of what the to programs do . . . [/quote]

Half the price gets you daddy ball coaching, mediocre tourneys, bottom roster kids who cant catch/ throw and only 2/3 the practices.
[/quote]

You keep telling yourself that - my kids have never had a daddy coach, and there was never kids who couldn't catch and throw. Personally, during the fall I only want a practice every other week and I don't want any fall tourneys - my boys are playing football 5+ days a week! During the winter, they'll do winter workouts with their lax team 1x per wk for 10 wks, but they're playing basketball and wrestling. Again, I don't want spring tourneys as they play school ball already 5x per wk and they are practicing at least every other wk with club until May. But you keep ramming that down your kids' throats. Sometime less is more![/quote]

You've got your kids playing football 5 times a week?!?!? You can stop talking now, no interest in anything you have to say. Apparently you're still living in 1985. Maybe you haven't heard by now that football has a direct correlation with serious brain trauma. Anyone who would allow their child to participate in that brutal sport might as well keep all of their opinions to themselves as they are totally worthless. You should read the BU study immediately.[/quote]

In case you've been living under a rock, ALL MS and HS sports teams practice or play games 5 - 6 times a wk. You either play a play a school sport or you don't - football, like every other sport in MS is M- F. You can choose to not have your son play, but critiquing all the parents of the ~3M US youth football players as having no basis to speak is probably not going to get YOU much respect. And perhaps you probably haven't noticed the fairly large overlap of football and lacrosse players, so you are basically alienating a MAJORITY of people on this board with your 'assessment'. Thus, you end up on the short end of that basis for your argument; based upon THAT, most would think YOU, not me, should keep your opinions to yourself. And, having played football all the way through the NCAA level, as well as coaching football and lacrosse at the youth level, I've got more to offer on this topic than your casual, at-a-distance reading about it. Lastly, I've already read the study, and this is an 8th grade board - the BU study particularly focuses on the effects of playing before the age of 12 - what age are typical eighth graders in NY??[/quote]

BTW, way to go on a tangent - regardless of what sport a kid is playing in the fall (and winter I and winter II!), they still have 5 practices/games per week!