Originally Posted by Anonymous
I WAS THERE, and I watched it with my own eyes! My son plays hockey and if the benches clear, the game is called and both teams are kicked out of the tournament. Also, I never passed judgement, these are 13 and in some cases 14 year old boys who are going to make mistakes and need to be taught that there is consequences for those actions. I stated that both teams should have been ejected for leaving the sidelines and it is the coaches responsibility to keep the players on the sideline. It honestly does not make either Club look good. They are the 2 best teams on Long Island and both are top 4 teams in the Country. There was no need for either cheap shot, the first by the Express boy which drew the flag and whistle and the retaliatory after the whistle cheap shot by the Igloo player. This highlights the problem with youth lacrosse and USA Lacrosse. In Hockey both players and their coaches would be suspended for a long time and both teams would have been tossed from the tournament. Honestly Blatant drop the ball big time.

can you please define a long time?