I know iam late on commenting on this thread, just rejoined maybe out of curiosity , since my son is playing college lacrosse I kind of miss his youth years. I just have to say my son didn't play for the best school program,we didn't get involved in the whole travel team thing. We played PAL Lacrosse under our districts name because he wanted to play with the kids he would be going to school with. His HS school coach had his team in recruiting tournaments and none recruiting. His team always held their own. When my son was of recruiting age/grade he would find out what coaches would be attending the tournaments and he would reach out to them with an email stating his interest in the school, his stats and send films. He also participated in the Long Island Rising. He did finally make the team as a rising senior where Suffolk plays nassau. My son who attended William Floyd Hs was recruited by D2 NYIT and did receive an athletic scholarship as well as academic. Plenty of kids get recruited and receive schloarships. LONG ISLAND IS A HOT BED FOR LACROSSE, COACHES START ON THE ISLAND,GO AROUND TO OTHER AREAS AND FINISH ON THE ISLAND. And NYIT wasn't the only school to show interest and make offers. It is possible to get recruited and play college ball and get an education, plenty of kids do it. Do you think you can go up to Petramala , Rotanz,Dunn or any D123 coach and say Hey can i join the team . All those kids are recruited