Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What will be the average age for the TX Mustangs and Laxach, i'm guessing 16.

Bad guess. Most (if not all) of Mustangs are 14, and the 7th grader is 13. But they are big, would do much better in a football tournament. No team tryouts, no practices, just a bunch of kids from Dallas and Austin who a dad got together through word of mouth. Only playing in 2 tournaments this summer.

Not sure how this guy knows so much about the TX 2022 teams, but this is not the whole/real story and doesn't even make sense that a TX team would not practice, not take lax serious, but would all buy tickets and spend thousands of dollars to attend a tournament in NY. Here is the real story. For 2022, the majority of kids from TX are 15 by now. How do I know? I lived in TX and had my first child (daughter) in TX where she started KG and was one of the youngest in her TX class. Now that we have moved to NY, she is one of the oldest in her class. TX law states kids MUST be at least 5 yrs old by 9/1 to start KG (no exception). TX law requires kids who are 6yrs old by 9/1 must start KG, therefore most public schools STRONGLY SUGGEST parents wait until their kid turns 6 years old before starting KG. It was so bad, they didn't give me any attention when I tried to enroll my 5 yr old in KG. As a parent in TX, they even convinced me to do this! I didn't mind because the schools STRONGLY suggested waiting and didn't seem interested in me enrolling my daughter, TX preschools were typically quite beautiful and so inexpensive (land and labor are much cheaper) and TX public schools are for the most part (there are exceptions) not that great so most parents who can afford it go to private school.

Do the math, if most of these TX boys start KG at 6 yrs old, they enter 8th grade at 14 years old and typically turn 15 as the year progresses. Since 8th grade is mostly over, these TX 2022s are mostly 15. They are not holdbacks, they don't have crazy parents who have their kids repeat a grade to dominate sports (like JR), they are simply parents who are trying to follow the recommendations of TX school system counselors.