I didn't hear the part about MM calling kids scumbags or trash. You must have been on the bench to be able to hear that. No idea how many times he or any coach has been tossed. You really seem to have a problem with him, so I assume you have witnessed all of his games and his son's games. Someone is hitting my kid in the head like that, he's throwing down and I'm fine with it. Not an advocate of fighting, at this level in particular, but the hits were egregious. Stick to the head, both hands, with maximum force. Far more of a concern than a kid hitting another kid in the helmet with a glove on his hand as a way to protect himself. Again, started with the officials losing control. Heat of the moment. Any kid at this level of play would have reacted the same way. If it was my kid, I would certainly hope so. There are a ton of problems at these tournaments. The Directors play favorites. They don't hold officials accountable. They discipline one coach and not the other. The coaches are almost all over the top. Referees mouth off to the fans. Fans mouth off to the referees. Coaches and referees back and forth. In general, not just tournament related, but you have coaches that allow one player to run the team. Everyone knows who they are. Everyone knows who runs a certain NY team. Everyone knows who runs the other teams. Coaches sons have the offense run through them and if they don't touch it or make the play, there is heck to pay. Last thing I will mention is the age situation. Grade based is one way to go. BUT if you are going that route, you absolutely MUST have some sort of age restriction. No secret that a certain NY team has a kid that either does or could drive to games. That is a joke. Hold backs are part of the game, but when you get two and sometimes three years older than some of the players, that is a problem.

That's all I got. A lot to be fixed in this sport at this level. BUT a lot of good out there too. For the most part, good kids, some good coaches and a lot of dedicated parents. It just goes haywire now and then.