Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

What I call A others call AA makes them feel better
What I call B others call A. Makes them feel better
What I call C others calll B. Makes them feel better

AA is the best. Followed by A good but not great. Then B. Good but needs improvement though compete with A.

None of the designations - AA, A, & B - are about making anyone feel better. Keep telling yourself that, though, so it makes YOU feel better. It's actually all about a logical approach to moving towards a better governed youth sport. Like youth hockey has done. [/quote]better

Better governed? you are crazy!!!! These clubs care only about the $$$$$$ A, B, C or AA, A, B doesn't matter. Top Team, Next team and team after that. The labels are for the parents so than can brag! Yeah next comment will be my kids play on [lacrosse] teams and could not make the AA Team. Whatever you want to believe.....

[/quote]

Youth hockey is a great corollary - governance doesn't come from the clubs, nor should it. That's where you don't get it. It's not about the tail wagging the dog! [/quote

That's the problem with lacrosse no organization is running the show. US lacrosse is on the sidelines. The clubs control everything even the tournaments makes and the recruiting events. Way too much money passing hands. They will never get on line with regulations
[/quote]

That's the prevailing fallacy: that somehow if lax was better organized and governed, that the big clubs would suddenly make less money. There is not some limited money balloon that all of the teams must get a piece of pie from - if the sport grows, which can only happen with maturity, the pie gets bigger and the money increases. It is akin to an economy and wealth creation, albeit there are too many people that don't understand that aspect of wealth creation either! The bottom line is that big clubs will continue to make as much, if not more, than they do now, while smaller clubs will also make money.