Bottom line with all this craziness is I find it's better to just stay put. If you have your son about to be on his 3rd new team in less than 4 years - then you should probably start to stay put, especially if you did the multi team tryout. I say that because at tryouts I have never seen an A team player slip through. It's NOT a case of my son can play with them, it's showing enough that the addition will improve the team.. Sorry, it's true. And better the team, the harder it is make it. End result is that the team your son landed on, is very likely the right spot. But some will call, text and email incessantly to prove history wrong. I did his with my older son and it was a mistake. Don't get mixed up in A, B, C or anything else. Just let them get better and get on a team where his is one of the better players. Not the bottom player on the best team. He won't improve, trust me. And don't say the training is so good its worth it.

“It is a tenet of good coaching that you get kids into games,” writes Jim Thompson, founder and CEO of the Positive Coaching Alliance, a US Lacrosse national partner. “Most of the benefits of playing a sport are tied to competing in games.”
(https://www.uslacrosse.org/blog/good-coaches-get-players-into-games)