Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is Express going to be more competitive against Dukes at Spring Thaw or will they get run off the field again like they did this summer on the island?

Only a troll would ask such a question. Dukes is a team made of Studs from all over. They are supposed to beat everyone. Dukes had the benefit of playing when and where they want while playing who they want on the field. They do not play year round together nor go thru the long brutal summer tournaments weekend after weekend. In one case last year they even brought kids for the last day of a 2 day tournament so they could win it. There is only a few teams that can run with them and the Express is definitely on of the them.
What team do you play for so we can all see how well you do against Dukes at Spring Thaw.

I will never understand the talk about Dukes or any other similar team within the context of club lacrosse, either in criticism or, even worse, the chest thumping. They are essentially an all star team culled from other good clubs - while club lacrosse is kind of the wild west, there is still a loose ideal that you select a team in the fall and then develop that team and its players by practicing and playing together over the course of that season. Those teams are what comprise 99.99% of the club circuit. To walk around and boast about how good they are in beating traditional club teams means what exactly??

They also don't practice which really should even the playing field. Are you saying the LIE, Team 91 don't get the pick of great kids? And they practice year round. Dukes has a total of 8 practices all year. And many kids only make 4 or 5 of them. Like it or not, it's pretty impressive.

Yes, lacrosse is a team game, and they don't practice, but they are very high end players, so I still hold to my point - if you took the top players of the two teams you mention , LIE and Express, that combined team also likely would be able to play at a higher level than the individual two teams, even without much practice.