Originally Posted by Larry Miller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When I come on here and read this board, there is always one thing that comes to my mind that I don't understand. If your daughter is playing on a team in the organization, why come on here and continually bash other kids, parents, and coaches in your organization? Tryouts were in the fall and you accepted your daughters position in early Jan. If you were unhappy then, why sign on? Why spend the $$ if you were not satisfied? The competition among girls travel lacrosse teams is at an all-time high. Programs such as YJ, TG, Liberty, and now Elevate offer a Premier Travel experience. Other Long Island programs offer a more moderate program like Beach Bums and Title 9 to name a few. Why continue to stay with a club that you have such a distaste for? (North port parents need not reply.) As I walk the sidelines bringing my daughter from game to game, I'm constantly reminded by parents about how their child is being screwed, or this coach sucks, etc. I say this not criticizing a parents view of their child's talents. Maybe she is misplaced. But why go through this every summer? For the money we are paying, why not explore other options? I know I would.

Excellent post. Here is why parents do what you mentioned. One word. Racketeering.
Look it up. Parents are semi pressured to contribute and participate because of the perceived reward and lack of retribution. Before the Kool Aid drinkers chime in really think of it. There Is ABSOLUTELY retribution and harm done to kids who do not "play the game". Further more there is rewards (all American, roster spots) for undeserving kids who's parents do "playthe game" That is the definition of racketeering. Say what you want but this is exactly what has been happening. Thoughts?
you could to be more wrong I know of a girl who didn't do anything extra and started YJ only three years ago and she's a WELL deserving TWO TIME ALL AMERICAN

Really? What's her name and school?

ESM had an All American a few years ago playing at Hopkins killing it on the field. She did not play YJ her entire career I believe just her last year. Oh yeah and then there's Tooker she started YJ three years ago and she's a 2x All American and if you watched her play you would know what I'm talking about!! So there's two AA that were not career YJ players and who I know for certain the parents did not line anyone's pockets their awards were well earned..