Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
You might want to brush up on your Scholarship knowledge. Do you know how many full athletic scholarships a D1 school can give out for girls lax ( I do), you might want to look that up. Then take into account that there are girls at that college that are already on scholarsip (which would decrease the amount of $ they could give out to incoming girls). Not saying that the girls aren't getting scholarships, just not as many getting as much as you might think.

!

That is exactly correct. Many schools split the scholarship $ between girls (ie 4 different girls get 1/4 scholarship each, 3 girls get 1/3 each, etc). Schools then get more quality players to go there as it makes the private school more affordable to more girls. Some will offer a "full" as an incentive to a senior in their last year...

and some schools give a lot of money to 3 or 4 studs per year.The coaches have different philosophies! There are opportunities for big scholorships and smaller ones. You only need to worry about what is right for your child.

Doubt it. Why would they? Three or four studs and with no $ for any more studs, then how are they securing other good players? I am not at all saying the funds are split evenly, they are not, but I am pretty sure no program is going to spend their lump of change on just a few girls.

Why would they? To get the best kids! It is simple! 3 kids @ 75% = 2.25 scholorships x 4 (incoming classes) = 9 scholorships. Then take the other 3 scholorships and give 15%- 25% per kid = approximately 15 more kids. That gives you 24 kids on Athletic scholorship alone and you still get 3 studs per year. The rest of the roster are walk ons or kids who gained admissions through the athletic department.
And your school just got beat by N.U. or Maryland because your a Y.J. flunky. With your thinking you will not get past Florida. No school is going by your theory because seniors want more money simply because they put in there time. For every girl you put into the pool Mc Donogh puts in one , so does Bryn Mawr, St Paul, Vero Beach, John Jay, West Genesee, Lakeland- Pannas, Severna Park, Notre Dame Prep. I could go on for days, all these girls want and deserve the same money as a Yellow Jacket, so don't go crazy, The truth is there are thousands of very talented girls and only 92 D-1 teams, thats only 2275 slots, if your daughter wants to play that level and demands 75% as a freshman, I'll bet she will be past over for an equally talented girl that will except 25% and a team will get 2 other girls just as good for the same amount of money. I think you need to wake up.
No one said that all the studs were YJ's! You are right. There are plenty of great girls from McDonough etc. that get great offers too. I guess everyone has to only worry about their own kid. In any event the coaches will tell you what they will give not the other way around. Good luk to all.