Unless you have a deal in place(as was seen this year with several age groups) you can potentially waste 2-3 years trying to move up to the top team even if you belong on it, this is why most kids won't move aftre a certain age - the odds are stacked against you between known entities (IE parents who spend money), F&F and legacy players that are already on the team [/quote]

I have several kids playing lax both on top team and second team, so I offer perspective from both sides of the argument. All you see on this site is parents crying foul, my kid belongs on the top team or team above..... Is that because you see your daughter as an aggressive player that can dodge her way through defenders and score goal better than anyone else on her team? Most parents don't get what this game is about. The top teams are looking for contributors to team play, ball movement, player movement, redefends, defensive slides, mids getting back, seeting up plays, assisting, transition. It is much more than bulling in and taking a shot. Some of the worst players on a team score the most goals. Not saying "your" daughter doesn't belong on top team, but this board is full of crybabies. [/quote]

Well said... completely wrong, but well said. I've spoken to 2 YJ coaches (2018 and 2019) that directly told me that they're looking for scorers. They both said that everyone can catch and pass but they want girls who are not afraid to go to the net. I don't agree with them, but that's the reality of YJ. Glad you have "several" future All-Americans though. Hope they live up to your expectations.