Originally Posted by Anonymous
Go to their games and watch. Keep in mind that it has to be against an equal team. Not the 20 to 1 blowout. That’s when there true colors come out. I much rather see an honest loss than a cheap win.

We complain about the refs constantly, but perhaps if the refs, coaches and tournament organizers knew before hand that 2015 Yellow Jackets Blue LM has a tainted reputation of dirty play (and a coach who supposedly endorses it), we could possibly avoid a kid getting injured.

And please restrain from comments like "All YJ teams play dirty" because this is just one specific team and coach that the parent had an opinion on, don't associate it with every yj team.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more people defending this coach and stating with conviction that you or your daughter have never heard any inkling of acceptance/promotion of dirty play with intent to injure.

Notice there has not been a response to your post. Because it's true and well known throuout the lax community. And still nothing is done except broken bones and massive bruising to opponents. Quite sad.

Well then have the courage to tell this coach of YJ 2015 Blue LM to stop promoting violent play, if in fact he is doing that and if in fact your daughter is on his team. Two big ifs. And you have yet to state EXACTLY what the coach specifically says that can be construed as "outside the lines".

This is why the more I think about it, the more I find your accusations hard to believe. Would he really "want to win so badly" that he would ignore the fact that coaches (and owners of clubs) can in some cases be held liable for the player's reckless actions on the field (if the coach and club owner specifically has instructed the kids to do so)? You really think a win is worth that risk to him? I think not.

You can criticize the coach for supposedly directing nasty and dangerous behaviour, yet you continue to be on the team and not do anything about it? Doesn't that make you an accomplice?

I am sure many will be paying particular attention to the methods of this coach and this team in the future, and if he in fact has specifically instituted a culture of violence and kids have gotten hurt because of it or get hurt in the future because of it, then he has potentially opened himself up to major problems in the future, in my opinion. In today's litigious society where lawsuits fly left and right, think of a parent of an injured player now finding out that the opposing coach was pushing the specific action that led to his daughter's injury. I would hate to be the coach in that situation.

But you make these accusations, yet you continue to stay on the team and do nothing about it? I guess because your daughter is on arguably the best team in the country (yes, they are that good), it makes it all OK?

If you and your daughter have specifically heard or seen a coach instruct dangerous behaviour (which I still seriously doubt), THEN STATE EXACTLY WHAT WAS SAID OR PLEASE LET'S CHANGE THE TOPIC because you have no credibility. Then how about doing something about it? Perhaps you should tell the coach to stop, tell CR (you think she wants this potential headache? I don't), or even tell the organizers of tournaments so they can tell the refs? I am not sure what you should do, but do SOMETHING to stop the chances of kids getting "broken bones" due to a coach losing his sense of fair play. These kids have no equipment and are at an age where they can be influenced very easily, especially with the parental pressures of "college looks".

Let's keep them safe, at a minimum, and this goes for all clubs, because my guess is if it is happening at one club, it is happening everywhere.

And I don't know what's more pathetic, if what has been alleged is true----a coach pushing young girls to break bones, or parents who allows their daughter to be coached by such an individual.

I don't know the person making these allegations,and I an not a Y.J. parent, but being in a similar situation with my daughter playing on a varsity team I feel the need to give my opinion. What is being posted goes beyond the Yellow Jacket Org. , and overlaps into all lacrosse boys and girls. All you Y.J. parents attack this person because he has the audacity too speak up about something that has been known throughout the lax community for years. You tell him to go to Carol and say something, well maybe he/she did and was rebuffed. you tell him/her to leave the team, Maybe they will, but they have paid for this year and we all know C.R. will not refund there money so they are left with no choice but to finish the year. You state that C.R would not want the legal repercussions of her coaches actions, yet she teaches her H.S. team the same manner of play. If the poster went through all the channels and still feels that there was not a satisfactory response to his plight , I fully understand his using this forum to express his disappointment and frustration, all I can say is I understand, and there are other clubs that would love to have a player like your daughter and have the same philosophy as you (and I don't mean T.G. )