Originally Posted by Anonymous

2018 TG has a girl going to Stony Brook. When she commited, she was on Purple. She was moved to Black after she commited to make it look good.

I think it would actually make the club look better if more purple players were to commit to top 25 teams, but I don't think that they're smart enough to realize that

Quantity of commits always goes to YJ's hands down but after the top handful of girls, most girls are going to schools that anyone can play at

That comment is so short sighted. You seem to be under the assumption that every girl wants to play D1. The smart girls find a school that has a major that they are interested in, has a reputable school for that department, checks the flexibility of the lax program with it's players to see if they will allow for outside requirements, and ensures they are a good fit with the schedule and coach. There are a ton of crappy D1 programs out there and too many girls are going to them just so they can say they are D1. Many of these programs own these girls and restrict the majors they can declare; hence, that is why 90% of women's lacrosse players at top programs have undeclared majors.

Is that what you want from your daughter? To come out of school having very few employment options other than travel lacrosse coach? At least you can tell everyone that she plays D!, right? Good luck with that. My daughter received multiple D1 offers, but she went with a top D2 program that fit her post-collegiate needs. Does that make her any less of an athlete? Nope. It makes her smarter than most.

You really are a dope. Good for any kid that wants to get a quality education and play lacrosse, D1,D2,D3. Many kids are listed as undecided as a major because they are 18 years old and really do not know what they want to do with the rest of their lives and when they do decide and declare a major their athletic profile does not get updated.You want to come on here and praise your kid because she is one of the "smart girls" and then knock kids playing D1 makes you look like a jealous [lacrosse].It would be easy to do the same pointing out that the D2 teams are not competitive with most D1 programs athletically and there are a lot more top notch academic schools in D1 than D2.

You're entitled to your opinion; however, you should do more research. Talk to parents who have been there. I've been through it twice already and many of my friends have as well. It appears that you have made a number of assumptions in your post, as well as in the future for your daughter. When students are juniors/seniors they should have a declared major. Many don't because they are there primarily to play lacrosse. It has nothing to do with updating player profiles and more to do with the restrictive nature of collegiate athletics. That's reality. My point was not about the level of competition, though many D2 and D3 schools are stronger than many of the lower level D1. My point was that parents and daughter are chasing D1 because they think that means something. It means a great deal for football and baseball players who could potentially make a career out of their sport. It mean little for lacrosse players. My point is that girls and ,more importantly, parents, should be thinking about education and career before what lacrosse school they will play for. Otherwise, all of that lacrosse will result in a job at LU or [lacrosse]'s.

Again you are just wrong. My daughter does attend a highly ranked D1 school and went in undecided.She is a junior and her declared major is bio as she wants to go onto med school.Her athletic bio reads undeclared and also has her freshman profile picture. Most schools its mandatory for a student to declare a major by junior year so those young women that you are judging to be there just to play lacrosse have in fact declared a major.Is it easy to play a D1 sport and be premed, no its not for everyone.But you aholes who come on this site declaring you know what is best for other peoples children are a joke.D2 excellent academic school with descent lacrosse does not exist if it did its mascot would be a unicorn.