I think many of you are are missing the point of scholarships. Whatever money a child gets to go to college is a benefit that didn' t exist years ago. I could be wrong but title 9 has given girls so many more opportunities to even get scholarships or even go to college at all. When I went to college, 20 years ago, schools had to give the same number of scholarships to girls as they did boys. I believe they also had to offer an equal amount of sports teams between males and females. I can't imagine that that has changed.So even if a girl gets 25% that is one less year she is paying. If she could get financial aid even better. Financial aspects of college are confusing and tricky for most of us so stop fighting over the percentages. In the end it really doesn't matter because what these girls are getting is an opportunity to better themselves through education. All of us are lucky to live in an area where the competition is outstanding. This gives our girls an edge if and when they choose a school. Scholarships, academic or athletic are a gift and mean the same thing. Less debt for kids coming out of school.