Originally Posted by Anonymous
My dd plays on 2020 Steps and we beat your Cursio group but lost to your Jones group. Congratulations! Jones group outplayed us. Cursio group wrongly thought they'd beat us with their backups - we saw Cursio's offensive player (who's fun to watch- behind the backs dodges) sit out against us. Also IMO Jones group was faster than both us and Cursio.
The YJs are good but, "on any given weekend".

The jackets r imploding.
Internal fighting between teams and inside their own teams.
They don't win like they use to, due to more kids playing and friends and family favors.
The lacrosse world including college coaches are starting to realize the unsavory reps of the players and parents.
Backlash against the under armour political games is occurring.
Very talented kids are leaving because it's just not fun.
And good parents are pulling their kids cuz the sidelines are toxic.

Go back to your TG site. Talk about a train wreck I watched your coach take a nap on the bench during the game same coach others reported was too drunk to walk in front of his team. Put that with your TG parents only asking certain kids to play in tournaments and the horrible coaching other than Shanon who is rumored to be looking to move on from Hofstra and far away from TG and talk about a dissaster .
and the YJ parents who lead the young coaches around by kissing up and then manipulating rosters and playing time is better? For what we pay you would hop that it was less political but then again with what everyone pays how can't it be?

Again you are dealing in rumors , does what you are saying actually happen I have no idea but I refuse to deal with rumors that may just be made up non-sense. How do these rumors get started look at the fools talking about 3 kids being moved up at the 2020 age acting as if its actually happening when in reality it was posted on here by some jack --- parent most likely from another club starting trouble. I watched the TG coach take a nap on the bench during a game , not sure how that is tolerated, but my point is its not based on a rumor.

I have witnessed certain parents greeting their coaches w a kiss. I also know of a player that has driven w her coach. These are the exact actions that perpetuate the f&f talk. For such a big business as YJ, this should absolutely not be allowed. Weakens credibility.
When the parents are too close to lots of these younger college, just out of college coaches it is little more than a "daddy coach" with more playing experience. The coaches should be above the friendship this is a business that should be run like one. That's why F&F stings so much but when you have 5 and 6 teams per age you can do whatever you want. We have all anointed CR she clearly walks on water. YJ's is like Disney world, they charge you $7 for a bottle of water, they smile and no one complains and everyone is happy. Brilliant