Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone needs to take a breath. All yj parents are not nuts and their daughters are not thugs. Both liberty and tg are excellent clubs as is yj. I am a yj parent my daughter is not on 2015 blue "A" team. But a friends daughter is and he is a decent honest man he saw the play where the young lady got hurt in Fla . He said it was a bigger player against a smaller player. Not dirty just an accident. I would like the link to see the play. I do resent the girls being called dirty. My daughter has played for yj for a couple of years no yellow no reds no dirty coaching. I would like some intelligent conversation besides the name calling and sarcasm.
Seems to me the only people calling names and being nasty are Yellow Jackets. One has to wonder about the integrity of any family that willingly joins an organization, and remains in an organization that allows, and keeps members like the guy that made the Liberty post. Children are products of there parents so I can only imagine what that guys daughter is like if he's that much of an [lacrosse]. Quite frankly you seem to have a bunch of parents like that, so I guess you have a lot of players like that too. Before you go spouting off on how all parents and players aren't assess and thugs and we shouldn't judge you remember you chose to join the Jackets, and you continue to stay as members, so you must enjoy the company of these people so what does that say about you. Birds of a feather. Enjoy your winning we all know your better than everyone els, and we are all insignificant in the shadow of the all mighty Yellow Jackets.

I'm sorry, but I must disagree. How all kids and their parents could be judged this way is amazing to me. How the actions of a couple can be a measuring stick for 700-800 kids and their families is extremely unfair. My daughter plays for the yellow jackets on a younger team. I have never seen any of these actions with her team or any team in her age group. I have never seen the older girls play and have never met their parents. So why should I be judged as such? Yes, we could bring her to another organization. But she's having fun. She loves the coaches and the kids on the team. We have gone on her tournament trips and have had a wonderful time on the sidelines with parents on the other team. Many of which commented that they were told that the Yellow Jacket parents were crazy and wouldn't converse with an opponent. I'm glad we were able to show them that we're all not that way. My advice, and of course you can take it or leave it, is that you shouldn't judge everyone by the actions of a few. I'm also not going to move my daughter to another organization because of complaints about a team that I have absolutely no personal experience with. I'm sure that no one likes to be prejudged about anything in their lives. But, obviously it occurs. (Just read this thread.) All I can say is that I'm comfortable with the actions of my daughter and her team. If that were to change than we will move elsewhere. Until then, enjoy the rest of the summer and I hope to meet you on the sideline. (Of course that's only if these Long Island organizations could put aside their differences and actually play each other in a tournament. But that's for another conversation.)