Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did a TG just get the mvp for the Nassau team at CR tournament tonight!?

If that's the case she will be a yj next year!

How many non-yellow jackets were there? Interesting idea if you could truly get the best from both counties.

You will never have "all the best" players. I doesn't matter if there are tryouts or if the team is selected based on HS/Club Coach recommendation. Some very good players are always left out . It is the same on the boys side, Team USA, U19 USA, HS All American, UA Seniors, UA Underclass, Nassau Vs Suffolk etc...
With all of the "All Star Teams" just about every player selected strong and earned the opportunity to be there. That said, there will always be other players who are just as deserving who do not make it.

My daughter is a "Non-Yellow Jacket" and she was there. She had fun and the game was competitive. YJ's top teams (from what I have seen) have some of the best players on the Island and also have the most depth. The top players at Elevate, Top Guns and Liberty are all very strong as well but most of those teams do not have the depth or as many ... dare I say "elite" players.

If your daughter has an opportunity to play next year I would recommend it.

Agreed! Non-YJ and I admit I was skeptical but by daughter had a blast and they made the girls feel special. For a brief moment in time there was no YJ/TG/Elevate bashing. Not sure what the behind the scene politics or if certain clubs flat out won't nominate players but it was a good time and a more competive game then the majority of what we played this summer.