Originally Posted by Anonymous
Tough call for many. I know several players who were not happy with the second or third team offer from TGs, decided to roll dice with YJs only to be offered a spot on an even lower team. The switch is lateral teams in some cases and a team or two down in most cases. I do feel bad for several girls and parents I know because it is a tough decision to make. At this point all the tryouts are done so there are not many choices left. Reality of the situation is these people passed on 3rd team TG, now looking at 4th, 5th team YJ, its about the same thing

At least with TG they are allowed to play in the same tournaments as the other teams. With YJ they are sent to lesser tourneys that are mostly in house JY teams vs YJ teams. 1st and 2nd teams get to play in the real tourns ans the other teams are sent to YJ vs YJ tourns or to tourns to play town teams.
[/quote]

Elevate is the EXACT same way. I spoke with my friend whose daughter plays there and this weekend they had practice and a special recruiting event for select 2016, 2017 and 2018 teams. NOT all of the teams were invited. She was really disappointed when she found out that all this was going on. Elevate always tells you how they treat ALL of the teams in an age group the same. That is not the case. Her daghter is on the 2018 team and was NOT asked to attend ANY of the events they have this weekend (practice and the special recruiting event being hosted by Elevate). [/quote]

What recruiting event did Elevate have for their 2018s this weekend?