Originally Posted by Anonymous
The rosters for 2021 is funniest thing I have seen , brilliant marketing strategy though. kudos to whoever thought of that!

Please explain I don't see it??

What it is, is brilliant marketing. Putting it out there as 2 A teams and 2 B teams means 2x as many dads get to chest pound that his daughter is on blue, 2x as many others get to say their daughter is on Gold which can be rationalized by daddy in a better light than a C,or D team.
Yellow Jackets get to keep more money by selling the teams this way. Clever on their part if the people buy into it. In actuality though, it is nonsense.

Brilliant? Do you really think people are that dopey? C'mon

The term "A level" is meant to keep the B girls from moving to a rival club's A team. The YJ B teams can compete with most A teams on LI because YJ offer A spots to all the top players on other clubs. They then move the A girls that have been with them for 4 years down to B and call it A level. If you want to play for YJ, go to another clubs A team, be an impact player, YJ will then come calling! The YJ team gets stronger, the rival team takes a dive! No, my daughter wasn't moved down it's just simple observation. People aren't dopey, they just don't realize that there are other paths to the same finish line.

If you can leave a parents ego out of the equation ( very big if ) it certainly would benefit a player to train and be coached by Bert rather than sit on the bench on the top team. Remember college coaches recruit individuals and not teams. If you are able to play quality minutes with Bert and train with him you stand a lot better chance of improving than being a bench player on "A" team. No my daughter wasn't moved down this is just the simple truth.