Originally Posted by Anonymous
My daughter plays on the 2014 4th team and was approached by 3 College Coaches this weekend. All three saw her play fall ball, contacted, stayed in touch through the year and came to Lax Cure to see her again. All three offered her a spot on their teams. My daughter is NOT a top D1 prospect, no interest to go to a large university... But she WILL be playing lax in college at a college of her choosing, and attaining an excellent education. Isn't this what it is all about? We think so....

Yeah but the question is this...did they offer her money to play?? after all the money you invested in your child over the years to play is she getting $$. The sad reality is we invest so much time and money and you dont even get a small percentage of that money offered to your child to supplement their education. In my opinion if your daughter had spent just as many hours hitting the books as she did on the lacrosse field she could have gone to the college she wanted to instead of spending all this money to play on a 4th team and get picked up by some sub par university. I find it hard to believe that colleges were offering spots on teams to a 2014 4th team player on the fields at a tournament. I know for certain there are 2015 Blue players and second team players who werent even approached by coaches that were there watching them. As well as 2014 2nd team blue and 2014 Gold team. So if your 4th team player was offered a spot on a team I would run with it and consider yourself lucky...

Coaches can't talk to recruits at a tournament off campus until 9/1/ of their junior year...

Then how do freshman and sophmores give verbal committments? I already know my top 3 schools and I am going to be a sophmore, what should I do?