Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 4??? Good luck with that. The only thing you will be getting for sure is a bill from YJ. If she is on team 4 she is at the bottom of the top 80 in her age group just on that club not to mention all the other clubs in that age group and the 4th team I on YJ isn't very good. I wouldn't get your hope up. Also team 4 won't get very much exposure.

Even on YJ 4th team that girl would be top 100 in her age group on the island. There are no other competitive clubs beside TG's and a 4th team YJ would make their 2nd team. At least there is movement in YJ. My daughter started on the 4th team, moved to the 3rd team her second year and played on the second last year. As girls develop their skills increase. Most girls who were great early top out at an early age and drop down. That's the toughest part for parents; recognizing that the sun is setting on their daughter's once promising lax career. All dreams of certain scholarships fade to black and they're left hoping she makes varsity by 10th grade.