Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Gotogoal
The longer you know Dave, the more his true colors are revealed. This has been going on there forever and won't stop. The rules only apply to everyone else smile

Spoke to my friend at Elevate after I read the posts on this forum. Her daughter also was not invited to the events this weekend and had no idea that they were taking place until she heard it from somebody else. She was especially disappointed to learn about the recruiting event that Elevate set up for recruiting age girls. She said she was told when she signed up that all recruiting age girls would get the same opportunities and said this is not the first time this has happened this fall/winter. She knows she made a mistake with Elevate but said she knows she has to stick it out this year.

She said that she was also told that there would be some team winter opportunities. She said there have been no team practices and there has been no discussion about her daughter's team playing in a league. She specifically joined Elevate as they promoted how they play year round but so far has heard nothing. She seemed very annoyed and disappointed with the club on several fronts and then went on to tell me how she ordered clothes for the holiday for her daughter and the clothes came very late and were just awful, both the design and quality and were quite expensive.

I'm guessing that your friend is a TG or YJ transfer that thought the grass was greener somewhere else. They got stuck on the white team at Elevate which doesn't do anything the entire winter. Looks like a long year for your friend. Maybe your friend should look into Beach Bums, LI Wave or Team 91 next year.

Let's be realistic folks. In a 2-hour showcase scrimmage playing the 2016,2017 and 2018 teams against each other, and with college coaches just beginning to look at 2018's, do you really think they would be looking that closely at a 2nd team 2018 player. NO. And do you really want a second or third team 2018 playing the already committed 2016 and 2017 players? It is just going to make the younger players look that much worse. It was hard enough for the 18 first team, the 18 second or third team would have gotten crushed. The time will come for all the players to be seen. This would not have been a good idea for the second and third 18 teams. It was a great opportunity for those who were invited, and I understand the frustration of those that weren't. But be careful what you ask for. You don't want your daughters getting discouraged and looking terrible the first time a coach sees them. Give Dave and Elevate more credit for knowing what is appropriate for different teams. It was a new approach for getting Long Island seen in a small forum. Kudos for setting it up.

I can give you evidence that you are wrong with respect to the second team players not getting looked at for 2018. TGs only 2018 commitment was not from the black team but the purple team.
OMG YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!! SHES A JOKE AND THE TALK OF TG'S. DADDY DID ALL THE LEG WORK. NOT EVEN A SOLID PLAYER.