Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
ABSOLUTELY!!!!!THATS WHAT I SAID. YJ BLUE LOST TO ELEVATE BLUE!!! ITS A FACT!!!!!!!!!!!

1..... 2.... 3... Wake up! Snap out of it.

The Blue 2018 Elevate Team and the 2018 Blue YJ team are not even close, YJ is far better. I watched them play this summer with both teams having all their players there and Elevate got crushed. The team your daughter played this fall was a team YJ put together and entered as the top team in a tournament based on who signed up that week, but you did NOT beat their 2018 Blue team. YJ does a first come first serve fall program, unlike Elevate who puts in their full teams. You beat or tied a team of mixed girls from their first, second and possibly their third team, but you did NOT beat the 2018 YJ Blue Team.

The 2018 Blue ELevate team is not very good. They have 4/5 girls that are good and oddly enough, with the exception of two girls the better girls on the team play defense. The girls they added this year did not make them any better which surprised me a little bit when I saw them this fall.

2018 Elevate Blue gets crushed by M&D Black, Skywalkers Black and all the other top teams, including YJ Blue as you will see this summer. You will also see this summer that Elevate Blue will NOT play in the top division in tournaments. They should be playing in the top bracket IF they want to measure themselves against top teams, but they do not.

Again, your daughters team played a mixed YJ team. Have another sip from your drink and settle back down.
My daughter is done with club lacrosse so I feel pretty neutral in this discussion. The Jackets have a long and very distinguished history, but also a long and jaded history of bad politics when it comes to coaches choosing girls from there home schools over more deserving/ talented girls, and legacy players that shouldn't be on better teams. Also a bad rep on the thug ball thing.
As far as Elevate goes, they're too new a club (just like Top Guns was, look what happened there) too be shooting off at the mouth as to how good they are. Put in a few years, get some good wins consistently, and be true to your mission statement before you stick out your chest and proclaim greatness.
As far as the discussion about Elevate beating blue in any tournament you Y.J. parents can't have it both ways, You can't say that as a whole your club is better from top to bottom and then come up with an excuse for a loss. Even if it was a mixed team, on many occasions you have boasted how much better your 2nd and 3rd teams are than every other clubs first team, so you forfeit the rite to use a mixed team as an excuse