Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All the girls on CR's 2018 team now know where they stand, for half the team it's on they sideline watching! Is beating some cross island rival so important to her that she won't sub a single player? These girls are in the 6th grade and it was just a pool play game. Why ruin the confidence of half the team by making them watch. This sends a horrible message to the girls. Drop your own personal battle and let "all" the girls play.
People talk often about sportsmanship and respecting the game. Let's look at this weekend.

EXAMPLE #1 : After the 2-2 draw Friday against Top Guns Black, did you think that this would play out any other way? No substitutions, half the bench not used, but that was only the start.

EXAMPLE #2 : After starting Saturday with a 15-0 drubbing of Spirit Select (need to run it up for goal differential of course) and a 9-2 win over Massachusetts, The 2018 Blue won the division on a tie-breaker. Seriously? 15-0?

EXAMPLE #3 : What bothers me is that Rose's ruthless approach to other teams (either that they are afraid to play us or we will kick their asses) is bad enough at the older age groups, but this was a 2018 age group with the same win at all cost attitude. We heard it all again this weekend.

EXAMPLE #4 : Does it stop there? Of course not. The YJ 2018 Blue hang a 10-0 quarterfinal score on ... their own club mates from the YJ 2019 Gold (Costa) group. Seriously? You do this to your own club teams?

Look, certainly three of the best teams did make it to the semifinals with M&D Black, YJ Blue, and Top Guns Black. You have to decide for yourself exactly what type of example was set. Save me the Carol Rose defender choir this time. Talk about each one of these four examples. Defend them. Don't deflect the conversation - talk about these four specific points.

I'll give it a shot in regards to your four points:

1. She needed to win the game to ensure her team made the playoffs.
2. The first Tie breaker is head to head competition. Second tie breaker is goals against. Third tie breaker was goals for. This was an issue at some of the IWCLA events and they have removed goals for from the tiebreaker category. Some events still use it with a maximum goal differential of 5. This was not the case at National Draw and they should consider changing the rules. I wish I had the time to look at the tournament as a whole and see how many 15 goal differential games there were. It is a joke.
3. Agreed. Winning is the most important thing to her.
4. I if was apparent on the younger team I would not be too happy. This has happened at other ages as well and it has ben an internal issue. How do you do that to your own club?