Originally Posted by Anonymous
The driving force starting with 2020 to put teams together at such a young age has been driven by F&F. As she has expanded to younger and younger ages the initial teams have used lots of F&F to get it started. Would I know there was a new younger team starting if it was my first kid starting lacrosse, probably not. Everyone knew because siblings played in the older age groups and if you get in early you have a better shot of holding blue than earning it at a later date especially if you are a twitter follower, go to the luncheon, do the clinics, winter league and personal training.

Maybe the younger siblings join early because most likely they will be at those fields anyway so why not play. Maybe those young ones join because they idolize some of the older kids and want to be like them.Maybe they just like playing lacrosse and hanging out with kids their age at these tournaments. Please tell us because you know whats best for our kids and all of our reasons for having a kid play lax what age is the correct age for every kid to start playing travel.F and F only applies to TG coaches as far as I see. How many college boys are going to coach at TG , I hear they are bringing hammocks so they will be more comfortable during the games.

Your colors shine through with every post you write.
This well discussed topic is not a YJ vs TG fight as you always try to make it. You said maybe.......(readers can review your post themselves). To those points I say maybe your right. However maybe (most likely) many parents place their kids out of fear as several posters already eluded to.
Now if you want to beat the perverbial YJ vs TG battle to death you can be my guest but most people want to discuss the actual issues and maybe she'd some light on the injustices that have and continue to take place. Since this is the YJ thread these discussions are more than appropriate and frankly way over due.

I am trying to keep the conversation above the line, so perhaps I need an id to differentiate my posts from all of the negative, name calling folks on this thread. It appears my experience has been so different than the folks with what appear to be legitimate concerns. I cannot verify them and must take them at face value. However, I am neither friend or family, have only one daughter to put through the program and my child will not attend any of the schools represented by LIYJ directors and/or coaches. We joined in 4th grade because my research on top programs lead me to YJ and to date the 2021 blue experience has been fantastic. No parent coach, equal playing time for everyone in almost every game for two years and no drama that I can see. Like I posted earlier, 20% of the girls changed year over year so there are opportunities to make the top team if you do not join in 4th grade. There were also two players with older siblings in the YJ program that were not back on the blue team this year. Perhaps a F&F list exists somewhere but I cannot discern how you qualify yet. As for girls on the team, it is not for me to judge their talent level but I have seen the 2nd team play and only a handful at most currently could be considered on par with the current blue roster. That will change as the girls continue to develop and I expect more changes in the years to come. As for cronyism and nepotism, it exists on every team, club and sport I have played, watched or coached in during my 35 plus years of experience in competitive athletics. That in no way justifies it, but find me an alternative program where it does not exist and I will stand and cheer for their integrity. Absent that option, my personal experience has been so much more good than bad with YJ and will continue with them until I see otherwise.

You're cuckoo . There are girls on blue who do not belong but because of siblings they got on. The rest of the team is good, but there are about 3 that carry the team. If you took off the top 3 you would be equal to the second team. There are girls also training year round with directors. Now those are facts.

If you removed 1 attacker,2 midfielders, 1 defender, 1 goalie , from Skakandi it would be hard to differentiate from Thorn .Really not much difference.