BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,910
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 142 of 327 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Steppin'Out
Carol Rose is and has been manipulating which girls get Under Armour, School Girls, US Lacrosse All American etc. Proven fact.

That's all about to change.

Let the facts get out.

Been a long time coming!!!!!!!

Carol Rose has done so much for the sport of lacrosse on Long Island and the girls who have played for her. Be a hater if you chose but there are more who love her then hate her. So good luck!!!

You couldn't be more wrong. She has done a disservice to the sport and has hurt so many more girls and families than she has helped. Be an [lacrosse] kisser if you chose, there are more that think she is disgusting than love her. So good luck. BTW. Stay tuned for the real scoop about her coming soon.

You make it sound like Armageddon is coming. Have had nothing but a great experience with this club. The 2021 Blue team has balanced playing time and girls play in vsrious positions irrespective of their primary role on the team. Parents are great and the team wins the right way. Undefeated at Lax By The Sea....

Undefeated do to the good goalie. There are already some talking about how kids don't belong behind there back.

The goalie's are very good and they split playing time evenly; just like everyone else. Try spewing your venom elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This must be CR who responded....or the girls mommy. PATHETIC. Don't tell me what to talk about you loser! I make the rules, you follow along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carol Rose is and has been manipulating which girls get Under Armour, School Girls, US Lacrosse All American etc. Proven fact.

Let the facts get out.

Carol Rose has done so much for the sport of lacrosse on Long Island and the girls who have played for her. Be a hater if you chose but there are more who love her then hate her. So good luck!!!

You couldn't be more wrong. She has done a disservice to the sport and has hurt so many more girls and families than she has helped. Be an [lacrosse] kisser if you chose, there are more that think she is disgusting than love her. So good luck. BTW. Stay tuned for the real scoop about her coming soon.

You make it sound like Armageddon is coming. Have had nothing but a great experience with this club. The 2021 Blue team has balanced playing time and girls play in vsrious positions irrespective of their primary role on the team. Parents are great and the team wins the right way. Undefeated at Lax By The Sea....

Ha 2021! So you've had a great experience all of 1 year. Please get back to us in a couple more. It's all fluff at that level!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This must be CR who responded....or the girls mommy. PATHETIC. Don't tell me what to talk about you loser! I make the rules, you follow along.

PATHETIC is talking about 11 year old girls grow up!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When I come on here and read this board, there is always one thing that comes to my mind that I don't understand. If your daughter is playing on a team in the organization, why come on here and continually bash other kids, parents, and coaches in your organization? Tryouts were in the fall and you accepted your daughters position in early Jan. If you were unhappy then, why sign on? Why spend the $$ if you were not satisfied? The competition among girls travel lacrosse teams is at an all-time high. Programs such as YJ, TG, Liberty, and now Elevate offer a Premier Travel experience. Other Long Island programs offer a more moderate program like Beach Bums and Title 9 to name a few. Why continue to stay with a club that you have such a distaste for? (North port parents need not reply.) As I walk the sidelines bringing my daughter from game to game, I'm constantly reminded by parents about how their child is being screwed, or this coach sucks, etc. I say this not criticizing a parents view of their child's talents. Maybe she is misplaced. But why go through this every summer? For the money we are paying, why not explore other options? I know I would.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who the yj18 second team coach is and how did they do at lax by the sea

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When I come on here and read this board, there is always one thing that comes to my mind that I don't understand. If your daughter is playing on a team in the organization, why come on here and continually bash other kids, parents, and coaches in your organization? Tryouts were in the fall and you accepted your daughters position in early Jan. If you were unhappy then, why sign on? Why spend the $$ if you were not satisfied? The competition among girls travel lacrosse teams is at an all-time high. Programs such as YJ, TG, Liberty, and now Elevate offer a Premier Travel experience. Other Long Island programs offer a more moderate program like Beach Bums and Title 9 to name a few. Why continue to stay with a club that you have such a distaste for? (North port parents need not reply.) As I walk the sidelines bringing my daughter from game to game, I'm constantly reminded by parents about how their child is being screwed, or this coach sucks, etc. I say this not criticizing a parents view of their child's talents. Maybe she is misplaced. But why go through this every summer? For the money we are paying, why not explore other options? I know I would.

Excellent post. Here is why parents do what you mentioned. One word. Racketeering.
Look it up. Parents are semi pressured to contribute and participate because of the perceived reward and lack of retribution. Before the Kool Aid drinkers chime in really think of it. There Is ABSOLUTELY retribution and harm done to kids who do not "play the game". Further more there is rewards (all American, roster spots) for undeserving kids who's parents do "playthe game" That is the definition of racketeering. Say what you want but this is exactly what has been happening. Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Excellent post. Here is why parents do what you mentioned. One word. Racketeering.
Look it up. Parents are semi pressured to contribute and participate because of the perceived reward and lack of retribution. Before the Kool Aid drinkers chime in really think of it. There Is ABSOLUTELY retribution and harm done to kids who do not "play the game". Further more there is rewards (all American, roster spots) for undeserving kids who's parents do "playthe game" That is the definition of racketeering. Say what you want but this is exactly what has been happening. Thoughts?

I understand what your saying, to a point. Do you think that this is happening in such young age groups? I find it difficult to believe that parents of girls playing on the lower teams of 2019, 2020, 2021 would find that as an issue. Maybe I'm naive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I understand what your saying, to a point. Do you think that this is happening in such young age groups? I find it difficult to believe that parents of girls playing on the lower teams of 2019, 2020, 2021 would find that as an issue. Maybe I'm naive.
Don't kid yourself, There are lots of kids with older siblings that are now playing in the 19,20,21 groups. These people have paid 10's of thousands of dollars already. They pump out their chest when CR acknowledges them on the 19,20,21 sideline and all the other new parents go ooooooooooh they know CR? Do you really think they know who is best at such a young age? no way however the F&F kids always end up on the top 2 teams. We see the same thing in competitive dance. The kid who pays for lessons and privates every day always makes the team even if they are hidden in the back or in lacrosse, stuck on the bench

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let the facts get out.

Ha 2021! So you've had a great experience all of 1 year. Please get back to us in a couple more. It's all fluff at that level!

I certainly do not have the experience with this program and none with others to opine with any accuracy. This group has been together for a year and a half without overt drama from parents, coaches and players. It has been a great experience. Just wanted to offer some positivity to this site is it is predominately negative.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't kid yourself, There are lots of kids with older siblings that are now playing in the 19,20,21 groups. These people have paid 10's of thousands of dollars already. They pump out their chest when CR acknowledges them on the 19,20,21 sideline and all the other new parents go ooooooooooh they know CR? Do you really think they know who is best at such a young age? no way however the F&F kids always end up on the top 2 teams. We see the same thing in competitive dance. The kid who pays for lessons and privates every day always makes the team even if they are hidden in the back or in lacrosse, stuck on the bench

Ok. Good point about siblings. My daughter has no siblings so I didnt think about that one. Leave out those with Siblings, and my question is the same. What retribution could there be for a younger child playing on one of the many lower ranked teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great - we played to win and had girls sit the bench in the finals and not play at all and still lost to a mixed team of 2019 and 2020 kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great - we played to win and had girls sit the bench in the finals and not play at all and still lost to a mixed team of 2019 and 2020 kids.

Plenty of playing time to be had on the "C" team if you are interested!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ladies and Gentleman your 2014 LI Yellow Jackets. All praise CR

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gone era

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should definitely head over to TG don't worry there will be many spots available in the younger ages as many of them want to come to YJ. You can go to TG and have your head coach take a nap on the bench during the game, be punished and kept out of a game because you played in a tournament with friends when TG had no tournament. Remember to join one of the TG daddy teams so you can watch their ball hog kid run to goal every possession , remember when playing with a TG daddy team even if you are on the field you are not actually playing , you are there to be a decoy and get the ball to the coaches daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are way to level headed to be a Yellow Jacket parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is a little food for thought for all you new parents to the travel lacrosse scene. You join the Jackets because they are "the best" travel club on long Island, and that is very true for the first team in any age group. You all get caught up in the politics of who is the best team, club, director,which club is making more money, who wins more championships at tournament, and call parents and players from other clubs names. We all do, but here is the truth when it comes to the end.

As a parent of a "rival" club in an older age group, let me say this to the '19,'20,'21 year parents, you might think your daughter is the best, but there is a whole lot of growing and lacrosse to go and the teams and clubs you think are "B" clubs with lesser players will soon catch and eclipse your daughters.

I read on this very thread how liberty was a "B" club in comparison to the Jackets, and that might be true in your year. but here s a simple question for you. What long Island team won the State tournament this year? Thats right that "B" level director with her "B" level girls. Oh and by the way it took that "B" level director 11 less years than your guru to achieve. So who is really better at cultivating talent, the director that molds and teaches her girls over an extended time, or the one that cherry picks the best girls from all over because she can't do it herself ? Time will tell who is better for our daughters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you could to be more wrong I know of a girl who didn't do anything extra and started YJ only three years ago and she's a WELL deserving TWO TIME ALL AMERICAN

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jealousy is an awful attribute!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound upset because your superstar 2019 blue team lost to a put together team that never practices or plays together. A team that was made up of 5-2020 girls and 9-2019 girls. Now let the excuses start rolling in!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know who the yj18 second team coach is and how did they do at lax by the sea

That's a good question, I had thought Graziadai was the second team but have been told by many that is the third team????

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
Chief Admin

you could to be more wrong I know of a girl who didn't do anything extra and started YJ only three years ago and she's a WELL deserving TWO TIME ALL AMERICAN

Really? What's her name and school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You sound upset because your superstar 2019 blue team lost to a put together team that never practices or plays together. A team that was made up of 5-2020 girls and 9-2019 girls. Now let the excuses start rolling in!!!

F and f will kill you every time. Happening in 2020. We did a whole lot of things as a team since last summer and lose to a team that got handled by Jones. Yeah they practice a lot. Duh. Fix this Carol.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't fool yourself it was a daddy hand picked team who did not invite the dead weight from bottom half of either 2020 or 2019 . Take the best players from 2020 and 2019 with none of the dead weight bottom half kids and you have what is known as a stacked team .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess 1 girl beat your beloved 2019 blue team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone verify whether or not girls on 2022 have a free ride on the team? Rumor has it CR is allowing a girl to play and not pay because her sister went through program. Is this correct? I thought the tryouts were based on ability! Please tell me this is only a rumor!!!

Why are you asking, it is none of anyone's business if anyone on any team has a different arrangement than others. You paid for your daughter to be on the team. You only have the right to know about your daughters fiscal situation with the organization. Put on your big panties if you think other wise.

If you are new to this travel scene this is what you have a right to talk about; the coaching, the practices or the tournament your attending. Talk abut those 3 all you want YOU paid for that, but what another family paid is none of your business.

favoritism should be no ones business. I love this site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

ESM had an All American a few years ago playing at Hopkins killing it on the field. She did not play YJ her entire career I believe just her last year. Oh yeah and then there's Tooker she started YJ three years ago and she's a 2x All American and if you watched her play you would know what I'm talking about!! So there's two AA that were not career YJ players and who I know for certain the parents did not line anyone's pockets their awards were well earned..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone verify whether or not girls on 2022 have a free ride on the team? Rumor has it CR is allowing a girl to play and not pay because her sister went through program. Is this correct? I thought the tryouts were based on ability! Please tell me this is only a rumor!!!

Why are you asking, it is none of anyone's business if anyone on any team has a different arrangement than others. You paid for your daughter to be on the team. You only have the right to know about your daughters fiscal situation with the organization. Put on your big panties if you think other wise.

If you are new to this travel scene this is what you have a right to talk about; the coaching, the practices or the tournament your attending. Talk abut those 3 all you want YOU paid for that, but what another family paid is none of your business.

favoritism should be no ones business. I love this site.

It is called a scholarship and every club I know of does it to support the game. This is the program doing something good and not making it all about the money. If that was the only focus she would have been cut. The post was about paying and not her ability to play and make the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grazidei is the 2nd team and they went 5-1 at Lax by the Sea going undefeated in their pool and making it to the championship before losing to YJ Rose in the finals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't fool yourself it was a daddy hand picked team who did not invite the dead weight from bottom half of either 2020 or 2019 . Take the best players from 2020 and 2019 with none of the dead weight bottom half kids and you have what is known as a stacked team .

Please excuse the YJ team for losing as they are playing with the bottom half dead weight players CR's politics have stuck you with. Well actually they sat on bench and never got into the game. YJ's don't need a daddy to trim the deadweight, the coaches do it for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DELETED

Leave the kids out of it!

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
User
User
Originally Posted by Larry Miller

ESM had an All American a few years ago playing at Hopkins killing it on the field. She did not play YJ her entire career I believe just her last year. Oh yeah and then there's Tooker she started YJ three years ago and she's a 2x All American and if you watched her play you would know what I'm talking about!! So there's two AA that were not career YJ players and who I know for certain the parents did not line anyone's pockets their awards were well earned..

Your kidding right. That's two kids. Those girls are great players and could be on any team or club and still get those accolades. What about the hundreds of others who are pressured to "participate".

It's great you are not the prey in this scenario and apparently are higher on the YJ food chain but the majority are not and are being taken advantage of. Just the truth.

Back of the Cage
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You sound upset because your superstar 2019 blue team lost to a put together team that never practices or plays together. A team that was made up of 5-2020 girls and 9-2019 girls. Now let the excuses start rolling in!!!

Don't fool yourself it was a daddy hand picked team who did not invite the dead weight from bottom half of either 2020 or 2019 . Take the best players from 2020 and 2019 with none of the dead weight bottom half kids and you have what is known as

Please excuse the YJ team for losing as they are playing with the bottom half dead weight players CR's politics have stuck you with. Well actually they sat on bench and never got into the game. YJ's don't need a daddy to trim the deadweight, the coaches do it for you.

Plus if TG had their usual hung over coach taking a nap on the sideline it would have been different. Now you better go hide or BS will spank you again for not getting permission to play w a dirty YJ kid again . You know you better be careful or Einstein will figure out why you wanted to desperately play YJ , it's called trying to showcase your kids who want to move over hoping the YJ coach sees it prior to tryouts. Now go back and hide before BS gets mad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Grazidei is the 2nd team and they went 5-1 at Lax by the Sea going undefeated in their pool and making it to the championship before losing to YJ Rose in the finals

Does anyone appreciate the genius of CR dumping the color coded teams and leaving opinion to decide how the pecking order is determined. While the top team seems sometimes obvious, the under teams are left to develope and evolve and surpass one another. Reminds me of many soccer teams my kids have played on in the past, power dad coaches piled all their kids on the A team and left the rest to fend for themselves on the B team. B team went got trainers, coaches etc... lots of hard work and development, they are now the A team. The original A team blows up and dissolves. I think it is good for YJ to abandon the stigma labels, stop shuffling players between teams and let the teams evolve. Many of the players on the lower teams are there because they are new to lacrosse, many will grow to be studs. Shuffling kids yesteryear between two teams made sense, nowadays in the high profit 5 team per age group days, the talent lines blurr, and shuffling becomes a chore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scholarship comes out of your inflated fees and usually only for the players they really want. CR isn't writing a check for anyone. Because we have all paid in the program is worth 2 million dollars, she can carry a few on scholorship

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]You sound upset because your superstar 2019 blue team lost to a put together team that never practices or plays together. A team that was made up of 5-2020 girls and 9-2019 girls. Now let the excuses start rolling in!!!

Don't fool yourself it was a daddy hand picked team who did not invite the dead weight from bottom half of either 2020 or 2019 . Take the best players from 2020 and 2019 with none of the dead weight bottom half kids and you have what is known as

Plus if TG had their usual hung over coach taking a nap on the sideline it would have been different. Now you better go hide or BS will spank you again for not getting permission to play w a dirty YJ kid again . You know you better be careful or Einstein will figure out why you wanted to desperately play YJ , it's called trying to showcase your kids who want to move over hoping the YJ coach sees it prior to tryouts. Now go back and hide before BS gets mad.

WOW someone struck a nerve! nbe carefull she may just jump over to YJ and take your kids spot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The rumors on the street have it the other way around in this age group, many, many unhappy players and parents from YJs looking to jump ship. Honestly, who cares....wherever the kids and parents are happy, all I know is I don't want to share a sideline with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I the only 2019 Blue parent that has a problem with the coaching in yesterday's final? 9 girls seen less then 2 minutes of field time. We lost to a team with one sub. I never even heard of the team that beat us. Call is sour grapes, but we do have 24 ladies on the team. Not 16.

Was the game lost in those two minutes?
Makes me wonder

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DELETED

feel better now that you insulted a 12 year old girl?

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
Like Reply Quote
Page 142 of 327 1 2 140 141 142 143 144 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard