Originally Posted by Anonymous
Play in a real tourney, playing up against average talent means nothing. Luck of the clover

Wether you like Crush or hate them, one thing that absolutely can't be denied is that they are always willing to challenge themselves and get better. If they decided to play in 2020 only, they would consistantly beat MOST if not All 2020 teams by at least 10 to 15 plus goals. If they did that everyone would scream they should be playing up. I am the parent of a committed 2016 and a current 2018, and they are by a wide margin some of the most talented kids I have seen for their age since I started to pay attention to this game 10 years ago, with 4 or 5 of them being out right exceptional. Wether they continue to have success depends on many things, but at least be honest and put aside the jelousy and excuses, for now in 2020 there is no one close.

Not a true "team" though - if you watch them play you'll notice 3-5 kids do all the work, score all the goals, get all the playing time and take all the glory. You could take those kids only and put them on any other team and then that team would be the best. Will be tough for the other kids to get recruited, coaches don't look for kids that aren't allowed to dodge, run with the ball or shoot.

You could say the same about the turtles, and 90% are recruited to top programs. Every kid on Crush is a talented player who would easily make any other top team. Playing time is not equal on any team, but I would rather my son be on the number one team and play a little less, while receiving top coaching and skill development. Moving forward, the showcases will separate the kids according to skill and impact. Wishing all the boys success, it is a very talented age group and many boys are just beginning to show their potential.