Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is the 2020 Crush Team locked down? I know they have been playing together for years(which is funny bec they are 7th gr) and want to know if a player can make it, if he is not a Duke coaches son.

This is a legit question. I believe the answer is No way is a spot available. But I thought I wd ask the 2020 parents.

There are always spots available. 2-3 new kids a year due to adjustments both ways.

But don't kid yourself, your son had better be the best! Crush is not for good or very good, only the absolute best (and a couple of kids that have dads who hang with the coach). And even the ones that don't belong are very good.

There may be 2-3 spots a year on Crush which happens because kids leave when they don't play. So perhaps you can get your kid on the team by taking advantage of this phenomenon...but then he more than likely becomes the new kid who doesn't play. This is not unique to Crush, kids leave Terps and other top teams for the same reason. Great for Dad to brag about his son being on the team, but if the kid is not playing is there any point? Also, it is expensive to be on Crush or Terps. They travel all over the place constantly, which is great if your kid is part of it, getting better against top teams and having fun. Think about it, though, if you are going out of state every weekend to watch your kid get garbage time minutes. It can be very, very frustrating. Just go in with your eyes open....