Originally Posted by Anonymous
I really cannot believe that 91 didn't play everyone today. The game wasn't close. I don't get it.

Wait. There are some kids on the team that didn't even see the field? That is ridiculous. They won the game convincingly. Everyone on that that should have at least played a full quarter, particularly because it wouldn't have affected the outcome. All of those parents paid good money and should have had a good experience playing time wise for their kids.

I saw Spallina played his kid the entire game, it seemed, so that is also ridiculous. But if there were kids who were on the bench the entire time, that is indefensible.

Can anyone confirm this? I hope this isn't true.

I watched the game and I know for a fact one player only was in for one single face off, he played the wing. The Faceoff kid won the face off, ran down and scored and the little wing player came right off never to go in again. Another little player went into the same for the last minute of the game on attack. I am almost certain there were others that barely played. I just cannot imagine the mentality behind it

That is horrible. Spallina is a scumbag.

I am pretty sure (with about 1:30 left in the game) he came to the bench and asking if anyone didn't play, because one little boy raised his hand, that is when he went in on attack

That shows a guy who is not there for the kids (or more accurately, he is there for HIS kid and his kid only). It's not hard to figure out playing time, especially when Team 91 was comfortably in control for most of the game. This is not a tournament 10 minutes from their practice field. All of those parents paid a lot of money to fly out to CO and to give a kid only 1 minute when the team is playing on national TV?

Team 91 parents - how can you defend this?

Here's the plain truth. In any team (college, HS or club) there are only 15-17 real players. The rest are there to support the school tuition or in this case club fees. What's not so obvious and very hush hush is that the very best players are enticed and incentivised (quietly of course) to join the team for less than the full retail price and sometimes even for free. The other half of the team are the suckers that are drawn in by the false prestige of being included but the truth is they are selected for their checkbooks only with no intention of receiving field time during the toughest and most important games such as yesterday. Instead, the money subsidizers who pay full retail price are placated with playing time during the easiest and least visible games and are lulled into a false sense of belonging and inclusion. Those are the realities of elite and not even elite club, private school and college teams.