Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is the 2020 Crush Team locked down? I know they have been playing together for years(which is funny bec they are 7th gr) and want to know if a player can make it, if he is not a Duke coaches son.

This is a legit question. I believe the answer is No way is a spot available. But I thought I wd ask the 2020 parents.

There are always spots available. 2-3 new kids a year due to adjustments both ways.

But don't kid yourself, your son had better be the best! Crush is not for good or very good, only the absolute best (and a couple of kids that have dads who hang with the coach). And even the ones that don't belong are very good.

Get off your high horse. Their are 22 kids on that team. Only 13 see the field for significant playing time. Plenty of kids out their just as good as the Crush kids. Crush is fortunate to have 13 quality players on one team. That's hard to find with so many teams out there. They started early and did a nice job developing them over the Years

Plenty of kids just as good? Ya think? I don't. I think the view is nice from this saddle. Frankly, even a practice player on Crush is getting better than most of their peers. That is just the facts.

Have yet to meet a kid who is happy just getting to practice but not play meaningful minutes, or at all, in the game. At the end of the day they are still kids....they all want to play.

No good player wants to be a practice cone no matter how many t-shirts he gets.