Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team 91's actions are worse than the Crabs. They gave several of their kids 60 seconds on the field after flying all the way out to Colorado. The game was well in hand early in the 2nd half, yet they kept the same starters in for nearly the entire game.

Great life lessons they taught out there.

Did the Crabs empty their bench early in the 2nd half and concede the game? No, I didn't think so. There were also 5 games played before the final. Do you have the playing time stats for the Crush for all of those games? No, I didn't think so but I'm willing to bet every kid on that team saw a bunch of time at some point in those games. How's this for a life lesson...work hard, practice hard, do your best at all times, be ready whenever called upon and get to be part of an extremely successful team...I think those kids on the Crush who are learning that are going to be extremely successful in whatever they choose to do if they apply that philosophy.
this message was brought to you by the [lacrosse] kissing 91 parents

75% of Team 91's goals came from 5 players. These players were on the field the entire game, with many of them scoring multiple times in the 4th quarter during games in which they were up by 15+ goals. Not sure what other team's scoring distribution looks like but to travel all the way to Colorado on a holiday weekend to watch 5 kids score all the goals has to be frustrating for the other kids on the team that rode the bench. I am sure these five kids will get great looks at college lacrosse programs, but how can anyone sitting on the bench feel good about their prospects? Team 91 culture is to embarrass and run up the score on all opponents. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is poor sportsman ship and in my opinion, not fair to all the other kids on the team that don't get much playing time. Even the top college programs pull out their starters when playing weaker teams out of respect for the game, and the players and coaches of the other teams.

so about 7 kids scored since 5 kids represented 75% then 2 others (rounding up since common core says you can have 2/3's of a person) scored 25%. I am not sure what coach wouldn't take that. 7 kids scoring.