Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whether you think the teams or this tournament is worthy or not due to the competition, it is exciting for the kids and their teams. These teams are getting treated like royalty and the kids are loving every minute of it, win or lose. I doubt 91 or Crabs gives a hoot about missing Young Guns, something they both have probably already won in the past. It is not like they have not had opportunities this Spring and Summer to play the best competition. I would think other clubs would be happy that they are absent from this tournament, as it opens up more room for other teams that you may not always get to play. Enjoy Young Guns and let the other teams at WSYL enjoy. While this tournament may not be the hardest competition, all the teams are having a great time meeting players and coaches from around the country, being interviewed on the radio show, watching, cheering and learning from other teams and it will culminate at the end of tomorrow night at the MLL game at half time when all the teams are introduced on tv and celebrated, not just the winners. This is a once in a life time opportunity for these kids and I am sure every single one of these kids will remember it fondly.

It sounds like a wonderful event. Hopefully some nut doesn't ruin it by running the score up 30-0.