Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have a lot of respect for Crush and was suprised to see the score, given Crabs beat Breakers 6-5 after Crush beat Breakers 9-1.

JS just tweeted "Note to kid laxers if your a 2018 and play 2020 DONT post it on your Instagram. That would be cheating"

And I thought my little town had lax drama!

Did JS check what 2018 kids posted on Instagram from his car on the way home?

Regardless of how/when he found it-he is right. My guess is a Maryland parent shared it with him as Crabs have embarrassed Maryland this weekend with blatant roster loading.

Easy to find the info. One player brought down to play 2020 with Crabs is listed in a private school 8th grade graduating class list and one forgot to change his recruiting profile page from 2019 to 2020 and is listed on another 8th grade private school graduating list. Not hard to find the info out there. Technically they are not 2020s yet as most of the 2020 teams are still in school attending 7th grade classes. Next year they can be fully embarrassed by having pre-1st years and holding back in 8th grade and try to look their opponents in the eye knowing they have manipulated the system. Shame on the parents and the organization.

So having many players that were held back early on your team like Crush has is ok, until they lose to team that has late hold backs on their team. Too funny!

The same kids rostered on Crush' 2020 team will be going to Denver as age appropriate. At least 8 of the kids who played for Crabs 2020 this weekend at Beach Lax do not make the generous age cut off. They are pre 1st holdbacks and 8th grade holdbacks. In fact, several of their regular 2020 NYPLL roster do not make he age cut off.

If you factor in that NY cut off is 12//1 you will find many holdbacks on LI teams actually qualify for appropriate grade level in PA and MD. These kids in LI would not and should not be considered holdbacks unless they fall outside of the other states with earlier cut off dates. Having an Oct or Nov birthday woukd actually still make a kid young compared to Crab rules.