Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lol good try I'm sure not a legacy parent. Coach forbids writing on back of cage about non sense.

First of all, the coaches have no right to tell anyone what to do or not do on BOTC.. That is ridiculous. Secondly, how would they know, you are anonymous?

Private organizations have the absolute right to restrict the speech of its members. It happens all the time.

Ackk.. you guys are dense. My sons coach could only tell me how and/or how not to act on the sideline.

I ask again.... How does a coach know who is posting what when you are anonymous????? Does he/she just single out someone and punish them? Please answer me as I seem to be getting a lot of flack about coaches restricting speech BUT no one is answering this question!!

Ridiculous statement.

The First Amendment only bars the government from restricting free speech. It has no applicability to a private organization like a lacrosse club. It is absolutely, positively, 100% legal for a private sports club to have a policy prohibiting its members from corresponding with the media about and/or on behalf of the club, and this can include blogs and internet message board.

Enforcement is a completely different issue. Yes, it would be hard for a club to determine who is posting on an anonymous message board. But this does not change the fact that its perfectly legal for the club to have as a policy that members shall not do this.