Originally Posted by Anonymous
Expreess 2020 had a reality check at Forsberg this weekend .. Played well but were beaten by 2019 teams . Hard to play up and compete

This is the problem with lots of people, too many people are only worried about winning. Playing up and losing is often way better for a team than playing on grade and winning

The "lots of people" clearly was NOT refereeing to Express. I am pretty sure if Express was just worried about winning, they would not be playing up. I would think, that their coaches wanted to challenge their players, maybe give their defense a good work out, which is why they chose to play up. I doubt that the original poster was from the Express camp either. I am pretty sure it was someone trying to stir the pot and point out that Express isn't that great because they lost to 2019 team. I personally think they should be congratulated for playing up and taking some lumps. In the long run, they will be better players because of it!!

By "lots of people" do you mean Express itself? Why do you think they have championship photos splashed all over their own website? Give me a break with the "it's not about winning" routine....

I agree with you. Good for them for challenging themselves! But let's also keep it real. The Terps played up because they thought they could run the table and then brag that they won a tournament playing against 2019s. They want to win everytime they step on the field.