Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was an athlete growing up, but I never played lacrosse and was only introduced to the game recently through my boys. I give a lot of respect to any kid who's willing to stand in that net with a lacrosse ball being launched at them just a few feet away from them. Singling out a kid goalie is pretty low

In the 2020 age group assume that the average kid can shoot 50 mph on the run, perhaps faster. Most of the shots are coming within 10 yards of the cage (30 feet). A ball traveling 50 mph goes 73 feet per second, so a goalie has less than a half a second to react and save the ball. I don't care how quick you are, or how good you are, any goalie playing for a top club team has to be respected and any save they make is a good one. The difference between these top goalies is slight and all should be applauded for getting in there in the first place.

50 MPH? How about 75 to 90...my 2024 shoots it 60

I'm talking about a dodge where they're shooting on the run not a time and space wind up. And the point is that the ball is moving fast, I don't care if it's 40 mph that's still a ridiculously short reaction time.