Originally Posted by Anonymous
U guys would be average at best without deleted on express he is your whole team by winning those face offs and getting possesion other kids on team don't impress me. You better hope he stays or doesn't get hurt or you can turn out the lights the party will be over your other face off kids are terrible

All relative. Even that kid struggles to go 50/50 with the better f/o kids. Seen express smoked at x more than once! Even so, congratulations to him because you really are only as good as your last performance!

Rest of the kids aren't average at best. This team has been one of the best in the age group for years. Demonstrated a great team effort this weekend as they had multiple kids scoring in each game and playing time was largely even for everyone that attended. Does the team have a strong face off guy, absolutely, but the Looney's FOGO (Express face off guy isn't a FOGO), Legacy had a great face-off kid, etc. Sons scored some late goals to make the score look closer than the game actually was with Express. Both Long Island teams (Express and Legacy) were the best of the day by a good margin.

So late goals are worth less than early goals? The score is the score and they all count. I watched the game....it was no thumping by Express. It was actually pretty even.

Nobody called it a thumping, and no, late goals don't count less than early goals, it was a good game, but to say that it was all due to faceoff edge is incorrect. It was a great day of competitive lacrosse. The two long island teams each won all three of their games, against what are supposed to be the best teams in the Philly and Baltimore areas. All these teams should do more events like this so the kids get great competition.

Yeah but you implied that Express rolled big and there were a few garbage goals at the end that made it look closer than it was. That is not true. It was a close game all the way. I am not a Sons parent, but watched the game and they hung with Express all the way. Whether Sons looked a whole lot older than 13 is another issue...but the game was close.