Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crush could play with 13 because that's all they play anyway

Am I the only one who thinks Crush for as good as they are should break up where the better players get on 2019 teams. HS is coming close and many may and should get selectively classified for their districts JV teams this year. Let your tax $$ work for you now since most of the core will go private for HS.

Please do not POO POO the idea because you say why should a district train a player who may not play at that HS. Remember HS sports and specifically selection classification is for the particular student athlete (elite exceptional) making sure they are playing at the right level. Selection classification isn't to make a team better or a fill a roster spot but to ensure a student athlete is growing within the sport.

I am not saying this as a dig to the players just the opposite. Would any of the Crush players not only make 91 2019 orange but start? I only say this because JS has set the bar high with coaching and who can they go to where they feel they will be challenged grow and learn?

You are the best 2020 by a large margin, spread your wings challenge yourselves and let the rest of us battle it out for 2020.

I dont see any real advantage to that as recruiting goes by age. Also most school districts do not bring kids up to JV at all. They go straight to varsity as 8th graders.

Seriously! Recruiting goes by age. Thought it was grade and if you can get to the recruiters before others in your grade i call that a leg up. Besides that, You see no advantage to the boys who could play 2019 to play 2019? Its called challenging the athletes. If you could play and start on a 2019 team that goes to top tournaments the recruiters will know. You dont think they want to see these kids playing up. Of course the do. They love it more than a holdback.

The topic of jv selective classification isnt meant to bring a 7th grader to varsity nor an 8th grader. it is however there to help exceptional student athletes bypass modified and go to a level commiserative to their talent level.