Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lol good try I'm sure not a legacy parent. Coach forbids writing on back of cage about non sense.

First of all, the coaches have no right to tell anyone what to do or not do on BOTC.. That is ridiculous. Secondly, how would they know, you are anonymous?

Private organizations have the absolute right to restrict the speech of its members. It happens all the time.

Ackk.. you guys are dense. My sons coach could only tell me how and/or how not to act on the sideline.

I ask again.... How does a coach know who is posting what when you are anonymous????? Does he/she just single out someone and punish them? Please answer me as I seem to be getting a lot of flack about coaches restricting speech BUT no one is answering this question!!

Ridiculous statement.

I will say it again. Private organizations have the absolute right to restrict the speech of its members. The first amendment is limited to governmental prohibitions. And this right is not limited to some artificial boundary around the field. It happens all the time - in sports, in business, etc. 100% legal.

The anonymous nature of this board makes it very difficult to enforce the policy. But this does not change the fact that such policies are permissible. Therefore, if Legacy has a policy that Legacy parents are not allowed to post on internet message boards (as well as speak to the media, letters to the editor, etc) about, or on behalf of, Legacy, than such policy is perfectly legal, even if enforcement in some instances is impractical.