Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spoken like most clubs to justify the costs. Clubs primary purpose is to get the girls in front of the best college coaches possible. Actual hands on coaching is practically non-existent despite what a club official says. How many parents can say their club has worked one on one with their daughter for more than 2 hours over the last 3 years(be happy if it has happened)? They are kept in groups and run drills and scrimmages. The real progress comes working alone trying to improve specific skills. Clubs are needed. They assemble great players, they don't create them.

So much truth to this.

The most coaching my daughter ever had at a lax practice was 3rd grade spring PAL season. my kid volunteered to play goalie and the coach would stay 30 min after practice for 6 weeks, once a week to work with her. God bless coaches like this. Did it for free and he was so into it the position given his older son played goal on varsity. Still see this man around town and always tell him how appreciative we are. My kid eventually had to get a trainer since many of the club teams generally did not have (and still don’t think have) goalie specific training during regular practice. Otherwise, she is trending in the right directing and hopes to make a splash in HS and club

My daughter is on a top 10 team. I was shocked at how little they helped when it came time to talk to colleges. She committed to a top 15 program. If she asked her coach who is also the co director a question via text, would never hear back. On the rare occasions she answered, it was one sentence. Heard from the other parents they got the same thing. I guess it depends on the club but ours is not good in that regard. But hey. The name got her on her team I guess