Originally Posted by Anonymous
For IDX, some kids will have conflicts due to field hockey or fall events, some will not want to go since they’ve already committed.

It should be a good event and the 2024’s were invited based on scouting by IL—if players decided not to attend it’s on them.

Unlike UA150, the 2024’s have been seen by IL Women and it isn’t from back door dealing with the group running UA150. The selection for that event is a joke.

I have more faith in IL putting on an event than Robinson Sports choosing for UA150.

IL was not at one event this summer at the top teams games. Their top 10 list is pretty suspect too. Not hating on the kids but it isn’t that accurate

Because you know everyone who works for IL and what they look like right? and if they aren't visible with giant flashing arrows pointing at themselves then that must mean they aren't there? will they be at every event? no, but i can tell you from first hand knowledge that they have people out. How is their top 10 list suspect? what brings you to this conclusion? you know more lacrosse than they do? many posters in this thread have discussed how SUCCESSFUL their rankings actually have been contrary to uninformed opinions coming from people like you

I agree with the first poster. Club directors pumping up certain kids. Not saying to ten are not good players, but I really think the class in general does not have 10 players that are any different than the top 50 players. They are all interchangeable. Just look at the USA U16 team. The supposed top 10 girls there did not look any better than the rest of the girls on that team.

"Ranking" the players by number i.e. 1 through 10 etc... is not an exact science but over the years Inside Lacrosse has done an excellent job with their Top 30 - 40 lists/rankings (they might have ranked the Top 50 one year as well). There is no way to accurately assign a specific number to a player but grouping players in different tiers is somewhat possible although it's still "opinion". The validation of the IL Lists/rankings is usually illustrated by the college coaches at the most competitive college programs (the top 10 - 20 college programs). Everybody wants to believe that their daughter is a top tier player but the reality is most are not. In general, the best players all receive multiple offers from Top 10 Programs. If a player is not receiving substantial scholarship offers from several Top 10 programs she is most likely not a top tier player. Sorry but it is what it is. Just look at what colleges offered a spot and how much athletic scholarship was offered and you will have an idea of what caliber of player your daughter. Not promoting or knocking any school or program and certainly not trying to knock any players or their ability, just pointing out reality. The best college programs are the best because they get the best players. It is highly unusual for all of the coaches at the best programs to miss a player, collectively they do an excellent job and the results on the field prove that they are very good at identifying the top players. If the IL rankings and the coaches from the traditional top programs were wrong all the time we would see some non traditional programs become more competitive. You can even look by conference.... Look at year by year results, team vs team, top teams vs average / bottom teams... What are the results year after year? What are the overall series records?

ACC - North Carolina Vs Louisville & Virginia Tech
Big 10 - Maryland Vs Rutgers & Ohio State
Patriot - Loyola Vs Bucknell & Lafayette
Ivy - Princeton Vs Cornell & Yale
CAA - JMU Vs William & Mary , Drexel
AE - Stony Brook vs Albany & Vermont

The better programs get the better players .

I agree with this. I am happy getting a ton of money at one of the worse teams.

I agree, I think the top ranked programs are very good at zeroing in on the top 30/40 players. You can look at the top programs and see their commits. BC, MD, UNC all ended up with some of the best players. Definitely not all of them.

Looks like some of the top players will be going to their top choices. Stanford, Duke, ND, Michigan, Ivys , etc. Many of the top players are not just picking top 3 ranked schools (lacrosse). Top 3 Rankings could definitely be changing over the next few years as some of the best players picked schools outside of the now ranked top 3.

Then, there’s the transfer portal too. That changes things up a lot, year by year.