Originally Posted by Anonymous
100% full athletic scholarships do exist in girls lacrosse. Not talking about colleges meeting financial need based or academic merit awards. Every school and coach will handle their money differently. Daughter saw many offers for athletic money ranging from 35% to 100%. (2 at 100%). Most offers were 50%. When my daughter arrived on campus, she learned many of the incoming class had 0% athletic money, and a mix there after. So not every coach will spread the money equally. They have about 3 full rides per class to give. They can bring in 9 recruits all at 33%, 3 at 100%, or however they want to break it up. If I were a coach, I would probably pile heavy money on top recruits.

Best player from long island in the 2024 class just committed to UNC

Lol, NO. And it’s not even close. LI is weak in general in this age group. Best girl by far to MD. Anyone who knows the players knows this

Why do you have to knock someone down? the poster already said best from LI. And "not even close"? "Not even close" can get an offer from UNC?

The Best Player from long island is going to have to live up to all the hype.

most highly rated players end up having great college careers. I don't see why she'll be any different. There some who don't pan out but most do. Look at all the championship winning teams and see where those players were ranked coming out of HS. 90% were top 25. and the LI girl is really good i've seen her play so no it's not fantasy