Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why the detest on Coastal? Arguably, Jacksonville is a better lacrosse school but I cannot say they are better academically. It appears some of you are willing to let Jacksonville slide due to their rankings, but pour out your real feelings when the team doesn't have the ranking.

I am the originator of the post on Coastal. Nothing against Coastal. But I don’t want my daughter going to Coastal.
But I wouldn’t want her going to Jacksonville either. I could care less what their rankings are. I wish my daughter goes to the best school academically she can make and play lacrosse at. That is not Coastal. I’m sorry. Great location but not a great school.

Education, prestigious, and employment wise, it matters more where your daughter gets her graduate degree (s). An undergraduate B.S. is just a B.S. degree no matter what university she attends.

Lol, kids coming out of top 10 schools get the best jobs and are receiving starting salaries of over $150k. BC and MD grads are not offered the same jobs Princeton and Penn grads. Also is very hard to get into a prestigious graduate school coming out of a mediocre undergraduate program where you major in lacrosse. Not saying it never happens but odds are against.

Plenty of BC and MD grads doing VERY well for themselves!! Check out the alumni networks. News flash, not all companies necessarily love ivy grads. Pretentious

Umm…okay

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michae...k-up-on-alumni-salaries/?sh=7cbec2de5fff

Nice list! Looks like nearly all of these schools have women's lacrosse programs.

1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology MA $98,100
2. Stanford University CA $92,400
3. Harvard University MA $85,300
4. Princeton University NJ $85,200
5. Yale University CT $81,900
6. University of Pennsylvania PA $81,500
7. Columbia University NY $80,900
8. Duke University NC $80,300
9. Dartmouth College NH $80,000
10. Rice University TX $79,800
11. University of California, Berkeley CA $79,200
12. Cornell University NY $79,100
13. Johns Hopkins University MD $77,900
14. Brown University RI $76,800
15. Williams College MA $73,900
16. Georgetown University DC $73,800
17. Vanderbilt University TN $73,800
18. University of Chicago IL $73,300
19. University of Southern California CA $72,600
20. Amherst College MA $72,600
21. University of Michigan MI $72,100
22. University of California, San Diego CA $71,700
23. Northwestern University IL $71, 600
24. University of California, Los Angeles CA $70,000
25. University of California, Davis CA $68,700

in my experience a lot of these schools are NEED based meaning you are not going to get a lot of money from them. It all sounds awesome, but some don't want to come out with all that debt. You can certainly play lax at any of these schools. Whats important to some isn't to others...you can get a good education a fabulous one for that matter at many other schools, play lax and not end up in fool debt

The lucky girls get nearly full rides by hiding the money! I have two at the above schools and will pay 30k total for both with a 150k adjusted