Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why the detest on Coastal? Arguably, Jacksonville is a better lacrosse school but I cannot say they are better academically. It appears some of you are willing to let Jacksonville slide due to their rankings, but pour out your real feelings when the team doesn't have the ranking.

I am the originator of the post on Coastal. Nothing against Coastal. But I don’t want my daughter going to Coastal.
But I wouldn’t want her going to Jacksonville either. I could care less what their rankings are. I wish my daughter goes to the best school academically she can make and play lacrosse at. That is not Coastal. I’m sorry. Great location but not a great school.

There are many schools that fit the bill, like Dartmouth. Great school, great reputation, you can play lacrosse there, but it isn't going to be good lacrosse.

And I would be fine with that. The goal is a good school. She cares about the lax. I’m trying to lead her to a better decision. Everyone is different. I could care less if she is ranked in the top twenty. In four years that’s over. But a top education will help her in her career.

Yes. Use lacrosse to get into a school you would be rejected from as a regular applicant. That is the ultimate goal. It could result in a life changing opportunity. Nobody cares about lacrosse except the parents of the players. Yes, a National championship is an amazing experience, but I wouldn’t want my daughter to pick a school for that reason. If you get into a top 20 school, you already won a much bigger prize!