Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Syracuse has at least four so far! With KT at the helm, have they replaced Stanford as the “it” spot?

Strange comment. Totally different types of schools. Stanford hasn’t even had girls on campus yet, and most girls are ruled out do to less than perfect GPA. I think you may have meant that Syracuse is being competitive luring girls interested in schools like BC, although BC is better both academically and athletically, so I’m not sure why. I also wonder why anyone would commit to the first school they see, unless they’re not a top recruit. Schools hold the place for the best players and let them make an informed decision with no regrets.

The original post was indeed strange, but why bring BC into the mix? Bringing BC into the conversation was strange as well. To each her own, there is no single school or lacrosse program that is the best fit everyone. Obviously the top girls pretty much have their pick as most of the top players can choose whatever school they want (assuming the grades are there as well as the lacrosse/athletic ability).

The Top 20 or so programs (which Syracuse, Boston College & Stanford are) offer great opportunities and are a diverse group group in many ways. The majority of the top players will find a home and hopefully a great fit at one of the top schools/programs, there is no "it spot". Just take an honest look at the best programs, they offer the top players a lot of options. East Coast, West Coast, Midwest, Southern, City, Suburban, Public, Private, Large, Small etc... Definitely no "it" school/program.

Be thankful that your daughter plays lacrosse, no other sport offers the same opportunity for young women. Be thankful that Lacrosse is still a Niche Sport.... It's great if a young women can go to one of the best schools or go to a school that has one of the best lacrosse programs but what is really great is when they can find the best fit. Good luck to all!