Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The comments pertaining to "The Ranking" have all been very predictable. For years we all read the same nonsense every time IL puts their annual list out. The reality is that over the years Inside Lacrosse has done an excellent job especially with their Top 30 - 40. Reading the comments is always very entertaining, almost as entertaining as listening in person at the excuses parents will make when their daughter does not receive any offers from any of the top programs.

The top players will receive offers from the top programs and the majority of the top players will commit to the top programs.

We will soon hear how the college coaches get it wrong all the time, it's all political, it's a real head scratcher etc... ... bla bla bla...

This is the time of year when the delusional parents tend to go off the rails.

You see this with recruiting rankings across all sports. They become self fulfilling prophecies. Some girls will magically go up because a top 5 program is recruiting them and then drop if they commit to a lower level school. There can also be a big gap between potential and already realized skill.

I've seen every girl on this top ten list play and think they are all deserving. I believe the CT Grizzlies girl at 7 is probably the most D1 ready right now but that doesn't mean she will be one of the best when everything is all said and done 6 years from now.

Well, before this list was published, a BC coach had flown to Colorado on 9/1 to talk to 2 Colorado players. Looks like someone figured out they were good players before Inside Lacrosse did! Also, UMD coaches saying that their recruiting $$ is stretched because so many target recruits require flights for their visits. It's great to see so much diversity in recruiting. I think that was well reflected in last year's class as well. Of course, there have been some stellar collegiate players recently from the west - Charlotte North, Rachel Hall and Lauren Gilbert, for example. Everybody wants one!