Originally Posted by Anonymous
Of course college coaches offer spots to former professional athletes kids. BC & ND. have them on teams now. They have not been stars on the teams so far, but maybe in next couple of years.

Duke too. Nauseating how IL builds them up and then they do nothing on the field. How many articles have I read over the past several years and am still waiting to see what all the hype was about

Not Duke, but how about the hype for a 24 that had two college athlete parents, one playing in the NFL and another that maybe was on a talk show? She landed at a decent school, but it wasn't Top 20. It's really annoying to hear IL try to hype some of these kids and honestly? I think a lot of it is lazy journalism and just some good old bias since her dad was an NFL QB and her mom played a college sport. It's the, "Oh, she must be good since her parents were good" thinking.

I'm planning on a deeper dive with the IL Top Recruits from 2022 - 2024 to see how those players ultimately pan out. How many of them are or were busts? This will be a long term project, but I think it's important, as we should balance out some of the most recent Top 10 picks, especially when someone isn't even the top player on their on Club or HS team...

You can already do this. Go to their site and look at the recruiting rankings for the past 10 years and look at what those players did in college. You have college data to compare. I've done this and i can tell you they are right more often than they are wrong. Will there be misses? yes. This is to be expected. Doesn't mean there's bias and the rankings [Censored]. I'll never understand parents who cry about recruiting rankings. You're not a scout or college coach and i doubt you know more lacrosse than they do.

Exhibit 1: 2017 IL rankings. all these were 5 star recruits. Lacrosse talent is not hard to spot. best players separate themselves in high school pretty easily. You can go through and look at rankings for different years. the pattern is the same. I'm sorry that your daughter wasn't ranked and you hold a grudge.

1.Andie Aldave
2.Jamie Ortega
3.Allison Mastroianni
4.Kyla Sears
5.Shelby Harrison
6.Catie May
7.Samantha Swart
8.Chloe Jones
9.Hannah Cermack
10. Hannah Van Middelem
11.Ali Baiocco
12.Riley Hertford
13. Kelsey Huff
14.Charlotte North
15.Scottie Rose Growney
16. Grace griffin

You will never convince the delusional parents. Many times on BOTC people have posted how the IL Ranked Players (top 30 - 40 players) did during their college career and the whiners refuse to acknowledge it. Certain parents believe that their daughter is a top tier player even when no top tier programs make offers.

Who is making offers? What caliber of programs are making offers? Answer the questions and you will know what caliber of player the student athlete is.

Is it Maryland or Marist? Boston College or Boston University? Carolina or Cornell? Syracuse or Siena? Northwestern or New Hampshire? Florida or Fairfield?

Not too many high end players slip through the cracks. The best college programs identify, recruit and make offers to the best HS players. That is what makes them the best, they get the best players.

This reminds me of something Jenny Levy said during a parent forum at an event a few years back. Quoting as best I can remember. "It takes me and my team 5 maybe 10 minutes to tell if a girl can play on our team. What we spend the most of the recruiting process doing is figuring out if the student-athlete is a good fit for us on and off the field."

Exactly.